At Burlington Granite, we understand the importance of picking a worktop intended to last many years in your busy home – that’s why we select only the best and most hard-wearing materials for you. However, with so many materials available on the market, it can be a struggle to decide which one’s most suited to both your practical and style demands.
To help you on your quest for worktop-picking-perfection, in this blog post we’re shining the spotlight on Dekton, running you through just a few reasons why this sturdy yet beautiful material could be the right choice for you.
What is Dekton?
Made from worktop manufacturing leaders Consentino, Dekton is a material that has been created using advanced technologies to both mimic the natural look of stone while enhancing the practical qualities of this much-loved material.
Manufactured in one continuous piece, Dekton worktops are free of joints, cuts and seams that are known to gather dirt and lead to weakness in the material as time goes on – making it a perfect solution for busy bathroom and hectic kitchen environments.
What are the features and benefits?
As an ultra compact surface manufactured with a clever mix of raw materials, Dekton boasts a number of practical qualities that make it suitable for various different applications. These properties include the following:
- Stain-proof – due to its low-porosity and lack of resin, a Dekton worktop won’t be fazed by chemicals, food or drink – meaning that not even the most pronounced of red wine spillages would bother our ice white Kairos
- Scratch resistant – one of the most important features of a worktop used in busy family homes, you’ll find your Dekton worktop to be completely scratch resistant, sustaining the general wear and tear caused by day-to-day life
- Fire and heat resistant – arguably one of the most important features in a worktop material likely to spent a lot of time around hot pots and pans, Dekton is completely fire and heat resistant
- UV resistant – no matter if it’s placed in view of a window or outside, Dekton’s resistance to UV light will ensure you don’t have to worry about the colour of your worktop fading due to direct sunlight
- Abrasion resistant – never needing to be resurfaced or refinished, this material is well suited in both commercial environments and busy home spaces
Where can it be used?
Because of its strength, UV and heat resistant qualities, Dekton worktops can be used pretty much anywhere inside or outside the home! Hard to damage and made to withstand spillages, extreme heat and heavy items, this material is an efficient bathroom and kitchen solution for busy homes where it’ll face constant use.
Similarly for outside areas, Dekton’s colour won’t fade in the sun and has been designed to handle cold temperatures and wet weather – making it an ideal alternative to more traditional exterior materials for areas such as paving and terraces.